VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show 2019 @ DWTC, 13-16 November

Press Release

VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show 2019 @ DWTC, 13-16 November

Jewellery will be playing the star role during the four days that DV Global Link, the joint venture between Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) and the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), is organizing in the Emirate city of Dubai. From November 13th to 16th, VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show 2019 (VOD DIJS), the exclusive B2B and B2C jewellery event in the MENA area (Middle East, North Africa), will see a selection of top local and international exhibitors coming into contact with leading decision-makers and trendsetters from the jewellery world, involving producers and large-scale wholesalers, distributors and retailers as well as the end consumer.

Now at its third edition, the Show has confirmed its role as a reference for the gold-jewellery market in the strategic location of Dubai, a crucial hub for industry and an outpost in the Middle East for Italian Exhibition Group, Italy’s leading company in the organization of its own trade show events which, with its Jewellery Agenda and VICENZAORO brand, is present at some of the most representative events dedicated to jewellery and gold art on the international scene.

The Dubai World Trade Centre is therefore expecting to welcome producers, jewellery trade experts, authorities and the media during the four days, all in the name of opportunity and business. To favour business relations and partnerships, VOD DIJS will be focusing on its exclusive formula: a premium programme specifically for guest buyers and a personalized business matching system, visitor experience and direct exchange with the end consumer. A chance to grow for those jewellery companies interested in approaching the markets of the Middle East, North and Central Africa and Central Asia, not only due to Dubai’s central geographic position, but also from the point of view of logistics, economic and relations.

In addition to the four exhibition areas – Global Brands, Fine Jewellery, Gemstones & Diamonds, Packaging & Technology – and the section dedicated to exhibitors that mainly target B2B markets, VOD DIJS will also feature craftsmanship, distribution, trends and much more.

“The Show plays a significant role in strengthening Dubai’s reputation on the global jewellery market, as well as positively influencing the jewellery market in the MENA region as a whole,” says VOD DIJS show director, Daniele Villa, underlining the international character of the event which, at the last edition, saw 52% of buyers coming from the United Arab Emirates and the remaining 48% from 80 different countries.

Trade promotion includes a road show that has already been to Kenya and Pakistan and will be moving to Africa and the Middle East to end in November, while advertising includes a consumer campaign that integrates off-line and on-line (specific press release attached) and tools for transversal mobile marketing, such as a WhatsApp information number for traders and consumers (+971 56 680 5547).

According to the World Gold Council, gold jewellery demand was up slightly in the second quarter of 2019, aided by the United States and Middle East, while the June price increase curtailed demand elsewhere. According to its latest Gold Demand Trends report, the global appetite for gold jewellery reached 531.7 tons in Q2, a 2 percent year-over-year increase.

In the first half of the year, it totalled 1,061.9 tons, a four-year high and a 1 percent increase on last year’s 1,048.2 tons. Middle Eastern demand grew “fractionally,” with several markets across the region improving. Overall demand for gold, for jewellery as well as other uses, totaled 1,123 tons in the second quarter, an 8 percent increase year-over-year.