Dubai Tour 2017, Cycling race from 31st Jan to 4th Feb 2017
Dubai Tour is the professional cycling race that take place from 31st January 4th February
The 2017 edition is the fourth and is now ready to be even more spectacular and full of champions.
5 stages, one more than the previous years, the best teams and the best riders will offer the World an amazing competition and a magnificent showcase of Dubai: 16 Teams of 8 Riders at the start.
The Dubai Tour Trophy, named Circle of Stars, is designed by Pininfarina.
Circle of Stars by Pininfarina has a strong and distinctive character combining the purity and essentia lity of lines with the richness and refinement of materials.
In cycling the jersey is the most powerful symbol of the triumph.
Each day the leaders of the four standings will be wearing the jerseys with the colors of their records, competing on the roads to keep wearing that jersey (General Time Classification; General Points Classif.; Young Classif; Intermediate Sprint).
The road cycling stage races are as follows:
- Stage 1: From DIMC to Palm Jumeirah – 181km route that concludes on the waterfront with the finish to end in a sprint.
- Stage 2: From DIMC to Ras Al Khaimah – 188km
- Stage 3: From DIMC to Al-Aqah – 200km
- Stage 4: From DIMC to Hatta Dam – 172km
- Stage 5: From DIMC to City Walk – A 124km circuit route in Dubai itself that is the final parade stage.
Note: Dubai Int. Marine Club (DIMC).
The power and passion of cycling will be on show.
Dubai Tour is organized by Dubai Sports Council in partnership with RCS Sport and Events JLT.